Multiple Application Profiling
With JustTrace, you can profile for memory and performance issues on a number of different application types, including:
- Local Application - executable file on the local computer
- Running Application - application that is already running
- Silverlight Application
- Local ASP.NET web site - web site folder on a local computer
- Windows Service on the local computer
- Web sites, web services or other .NET components deployed on local IIS server
Three Profilers in One
JustTrace has three distinct profilers to satisfy a range of different profiling needs.
- The Sampling Profiler dumps the call stacks for all threads executed by the profiled application at regular intervals using operating system interrupts.
- The Tracing Profiler collects CLR events when entering and leaving methods. Tracing profilers boast more accurate results than sampling profilers but the trade-off is lower execution speed.
- The Memory Profiler collects CLR memory usage data during program execution of the program to help you optimize memory usage. This profiler allows you to instantly and effortlessly identify memory leaks by comparing snapshots that include data about .NET instance allocations.
Profiles Running Processes
It’s not uncommon for a performance issue or memory leak to become apparent only after the application has been running for some time. The “Attach to a Running Process” functionality enables you to quickly attach to the process rather than starting it again from scratch and trying to reproduce the current state.